|Industry||Cloud computing software, software|
|Revenue||€500 million (2019)|
Number of employees
Unit4 is a software company that designs and delivers enterprise software and ERP applications and related professional services for people in services organizations, with a special on the professional services, education, public services, and not-for-profit sectors. Headquartered in the Netherlands, it has subsidiaries and offices in 26 countries across Europe, North America, the Asia-Pacific region and Africa.
The company is best known for its People Experience Suite including Unit4 ERP, Unit4 Financials, Unit4 FP&A, Unit4 Talent Management and Unit4 Student Management. In 2015, Unit4 announced a partnership with Microsoft to build self-driving business applications on the Microsoft Azure cloud. Unit4's software is available in either cloud or on-premises setups. In 2020, the company launched a Global Channel Partner Programme to aid partners in implementing Unit4 software.
In March 2014 Unit4 was acquired by international venture capital firm Advent International.
In 2015, Unit4 rebranded its Coda financial management software package as Unit4 Financials. The Unit4 People Platform was also launched in 2015 as the foundation for Unit4 business applications using Microsoft Azure technology.
Global growth private equity firm TA Associates announced the strategic growth buy out of Unit4 for more than $2bn in March 2021. Global private markets firm, Partners Group, will invest alongside TA. In April, Unit4 released ERPx, its next-generation intelligent Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution built for mid-market, people-centric organizations.
Unit4 was featured in Gartner's 2019 Market Guide.
In 2020, Unit4 was featured in a Forrester Wave evaluation of cloud-based HCM suite providers as a Strong Performer. That same year, Unit4 placed 3rd as a Gold Medalist in the ERP Data Quadrant Report on Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Oracle ERP Cloud providers.
In 2021, Unit4 was featured as a Notable Vendor in Gartner’s Market Share Analysis: ERP Software, Worldwide, 2020.
|Acquisition number||Acquired company||Acquisition date||Specialty||Country of origin||Acquisition costs|
|2||Teta||2010||Accounting and Services||Poland|
- Steve Brooks. "Unit4 seals completion of microservices ERP with a kiss". Enterprise Times. Retrieved 6 November 2020.
- "Unit4 picks Microsoft Azure for 'self-driving' ERP vision". enswmu.blogspot.co.uk.
- "People Platform to Take Center Stage in Unit4 Re-branding". Gartner.com.
- Simon Quicke. "Partner programme launches continue to stack up". Computer Weekly. Retrieved 20 August 2020.
- Philip Bueters. "That is how Unit4 grew up" (in Nederlands). Sprout. Retrieved 17 July 2020.
- "Company news: "Unit 4 will offer NOK 20.56 per Agresso share"". NYSE Euronext. 29 Dec 2000. Retrieved 22 Oct 2010.
- Sara Webb. "Private equity buyer offers $1.6 billion for Dutch software firm". Reuters. Retrieved 17 July 2020.
- Katherine Noyes. "New Unit4 platform promises 'self-driving' ERP". Computer World. Retrieved 17 July 2020.
- Steve Brooks. "Unit4 hires Mike Ettling as new CEO". Enterprise Times. Retrieved 17 July 2020.
- "TA Associates to buy business software maker Unit4 in $2 billion deal". Reuters. 22 March 2021.
- William Jepma (7 April 2021). "Unit4 Announces the General Availability of ERPx, a Next-Generation ERP Solution". Solutions Review.
- "Market Guide for Service-Centric Cloud ERP Solutions". gartner.com.
- "Cloud Human Capital Management Suites, Q2 2020". forrester.com.
- "Enterprise Resource Planning". infotech.com.
- "Market Share Analysis: ERP Software, Worldwide, 2020". gartner.com.
- BusinessWire (March 26, 2019). "nit4 Acquires Intuo; Extends HCM offering to Better Support Modern Workforces in the Services Economy". BusinessWire.
- Steve Brooks (April 6, 2017). "Unit4 buys Assistance Software for PSA solution". EnterpriseTimes.
- Phil Wainewright (July 11, 2016). "Unit4 buys prevero, expands footprint in CPM and Germany". Diginomica.
- Phil Wainewright (June 9, 2015). "Unit4 buys Three Rivers to step up US education presence". Diginomica.
- "Unit4 to acquire Prosoft". PR Newswire. August 26, 2011.
- BBJ (August 25, 2010). "UNIT4 acquired parent company of Hungary's VT-Soft". BBJ.
- PresseBox (2008). "Unit 4 Agresso offer to acquire CODA plc declared unconditional". PresseBox.