|Founder||Lars Dalgaard, Aaron Au|
South San Francisco, California,
|Lars Dalgaard, (CEO)|
Number of employees
SAP SuccessFactors is an American multinational company headquartered in South San Francisco, California, providing cloud-based software for human capital management using the Software as a service (SaaS) model. Competitors include Workday HCM, Oracle and PayScale.
Based on Gartner 2020 report, SAP is a Leader in this Magic Quadrant. Sap SuccessFactors is SAP’s designated HCM cloud platform. The solution supports localization and compliance (including benefits, payroll and HR) across 99 countries and is localized for payroll in 46 countries. It is entirely available via public cloud. Since the last iteration of this research, SAP has made concerted efforts to improve its customer support services and resources. It has held customer adoption and empowerment events and expanded its 24/7 support model with 500+ support engineers across 15 global locations. SAP SuccessFactors positions its HCM suite as a human experience management (HXM) suite. Its focus on journey mapping and “moments that matter” is embedded in process workflows.
SuccessFactors was founded in 2001 by Lars Dalgaard. In November 2007, the company went public on the NASDAQ Global Market under the stock symbol SFSF. In July 2008, SuccessFactors successfully completed the move to the NYSE, NYSE Euronext, and the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (Deutsche Boerse). It has its services translated into 41 languages.
- Infohrm - In February, 2010, the firm acquired Infohrm, an Australian-based HR analytics business,
- Cubetree - May, 2010 - it acquired CubeTree- social software
- Jambok - March, 2011 - it acquired Jambok, a small platform company with a solution for social learning and knowledge sharing.
- YouCalc – On October 17, 2010, it announced its acquisition of this Denmark-based SaaS service. On October 18, 2010, SuccessFactors launched the first Calculator in the Cloud technology, allowing business users to do analysis of real-time data for insight and predictions.
- Plateau – The firm announced the acquisition of Plateau on April 26, 2011, developer of one of the first Learning Management Systems (LMS),.
- Jobs2Web, Inc – On December 6, 2011, the firm announced the purchase of closely held Jobs2Web Inc. for $110 million in cash. A SAP spokesman commented SuccessFactors is still a separate company and it has the prerogative to make deals until the SAP acquisition closes.
Acquisition by SAP America
On December 3, 2011, SAP and SuccessFactors announced that SAP's subsidiary, SAP America, Inc., had entered into a merger agreement with SuccessFactors to acquire all outstanding shares of its common stock. It was also announced that the firm would remain independent and be named "SuccessFactors, an SAP company". The acquisition was completed on February 16, 2012. SAP and SuccessFactors have evolved a great deal over the past several years and they now have a new name and logo to share. Instead of “SuccessFactors, an SAP Company”, the company is now officially being called SAP SuccessFactors.
As of October 2013, the firm opened up its platform as part of the SAP Cloud Platform. Applications such as Accenture Audit & Compliance Tool and EnterpriseAlumni were showcased during the 2014 Annual SAP Conference, SAPPHIRE. both becoming SAP Pinnacle finalists as Application Development Partners Of The Year
- "Company History - SuccessFactors Business Execution Software". Archived from the original on 1 March 2012.
- Magic Quadrant for Cloud HCM Suites for 1,000+ Employee Enterprises "Vendor Strengths and Cautions". Gartner. November 2020.
- Lucchetti, Aaron; Strasburg, Jenny (6 April 2011). "Amid Exchange War, Nasdaq Loses a Battle". The Wall Street Journal.
- "SuccessFactors makes first acquisition; Buys Inform for $40.5 million". zdnet. Retrieved 4 February 2010.
- "Success Factors Buys YouCalc - a Gem in the SaaS Wilderness". readwriteweb. Retrieved 19 October 2010.
- "SuccessFactors Launches First Ever Calculator in the Cloud to Solve Business Challenges". PR Newswire. Retrieved 19 October 2010.
- Ricadela, Aaron (6 December 2011). "SAP Acquisition Target SuccessFactors Making Its Own Purchase". bloomberg.com. Retrieved 7 Dec 2011.
- "SuccessFactors, fresh off acquisition deal by SAP, buys its own company". mercurynews.com. Retrieved 7 Dec 2011.
- "(Press Release) SAP to Accelerate Cloud Strategy with Acquisition of SuccessFactors". Reuters. 3 December 2011. Archived from the original on 17 May 2012. Retrieved 3 Dec 2011.
- "JP Morgan was SAP advisor in SuccessFactors buy". news.fidelity.com. Retrieved 7 Dec 2011.
- "Best LMS (Learning Management System) Software | 2016 Reviews of the Most Popular Systems". Capterra.com. Retrieved 2016-11-02.
- "Best Talent Management Software | 2016 Reviews of the Most Popular Systems". Capterra.com. Retrieved 2016-11-02.
- "Accenture to Offer Human Capital Management Audit and Compliance Software on SAP HANA® Cloud Platform | Accenture Newsroom". Newsroom.accenture.com. 2013-11-21. Retrieved 2016-11-02.
- "Accenture Wins Three 2018 SAP® Pinnacle Awards Based on Outstanding Contributions and Dedication to Teamwork | Accenture Newsroom". newsroom.accenture.com. Retrieved 2018-10-29.