This article needs attention from an expert on the subject. The specific problem is: More information about company needed.(April 2021)
S&P 400 component
Russell 1000 Index component
|Industry||SaaS HCM Software|
|Headquarters||Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA|
|David Ossip, CEO|
|Revenue||US$ 824.1 million (2019)|
|US$ US$72.3 million (2019)|
|Total assets||US$ 6.09 billion (2019)|
Number of employees
Ceridian HCM, Inc. is an American provider of human resources software and services with employees in the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia and Mauritius]. It is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange as of April 2018.
Based on Gartner 2020 report, Ceridian is a Leader in this Magic Quadrant. Ceridian has more than 4,400 customers live on its Dayforce product, with a strong concentration of North American midmarket, hourly-based organizations using core HR, WFM, benefits, TM and payroll. In recent years, the vendor has increased its capability to serve multinationals headquartered in North America by expanding its global footprint. Notable acquisitions supporting this initiative include Excelity, an APAC-based payroll outsourcing provider, and RITEQ, an Australian WFM vendor. Ceridian has added payroll localizations for the U.K., Ireland, Australia and New Zealand, and has Mauritius, Mexico and Germany in development.
History of Ceridian
Ceridian is a descendant of Control Data Corporation (CDC). In 1992, Ceridian was founded as an information services company from the restructuring of CDC, a computer services and manufacturing company founded in 1957.
In 2007, Ceridian was acquired for US$5.3 billion by Thomas H. Lee Partners and Fidelity National Financial (FNF). Ceridian common stock ceased trading on the NYSE before commencement of trading on 9 November 2007 and was delisted from the NYSE.
In March 2012, Ceridian completed its acquisition of Dayforce, a single SaaS application for HR, payroll, tax, benefits, workforce management, talent management and several related activities. In October 2013, Ceridian announced the legal separation of its Human capital management and payments businesses. Ceridian completed the separation on October 1, 2013 through a series of transactions, which resulted in the payments business being operated as Comdata Inc. (“Comdata”), and the HCM business being operated as Ceridian HCM Holding Inc. (“Ceridian HCM”).
In September 2019, Ceridian acquired Australia-based enterprise workforce management solutions provider Riteq.
In April of 2020, Ceridian acquired an Asian HCM
- David Ossip, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (2013 – present)
- Leagh Turner, President and Chief Operating Officer (2018 – present)
- "Summary historical consolidated financial and other data" (PDF). Form S-1: Registration Statement: Ceridian HCM Holdings Inc. United States Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Magic Quadrant for Cloud HCM Suites for 1,000+ Employee Enterprises "Vendor Strengths and Cautions". Gartner. November 2020.
- Richard, Michael A. (2014-05-14). EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS: Wellness/Enhancement Programming (4th Ed.). Charles C Thomas Publisher. ISBN 9780398085612.
- Enterprise, I. D. G. (1993-09-06). Computerworld. IDG Enterprise.
- Berenson, Alex (2007-05-31). "Ceridian to Be Taken Private in $5.3 Billion Deal". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2016-05-18.
- "Ceridian primes customers to embrace cloud HCM". diginomica. 2015-03-06. Retrieved 2016-05-18.
- "Business briefing, Saturday, Oct. 5". Twin Cities. 2013-10-04. Retrieved 2018-01-05.
- "Ceridian Forms Separate HCM and Payments Businesses | @CloudExpo". cloudcomputing.sys-con.com. Archived from the original on 2018-01-06. Retrieved 2018-01-05.
- "Ceridian HCM Holding completes largest IPO in Minnesota". Star Tribune. Retrieved 2020-01-28.
- "Software Maker Ceridian Tops IPO Range to Get $462 Million". Bloomberg.com. 2018-04-25. Retrieved 2020-09-07.
- "Ceridian acquires Australia-based enterprise workforce management solutions provider". www2.staffingindustry.com. Retrieved 2020-04-09.
- Smith, Buckley. "Ceridian says it plans to create 2,000 jobs in Canada over five years". IT World Canada. Retrieved 2020-02-13.
- "Ceridian Continues Global Momentum with Launch of Dayforce in Mauritius". GlobeNewswire. 23 June 2020. Retrieved 13 July 2020.